Dear Newcomers to the Filipino Section of IBN,
Everybody is welcome to post their thoughts and opinions about all aspects of Filipino basketball here. InterBasket.Net's strength is that we try to keep discussions fun, but also intellectually honest. Please refer to the IBN Guidelines below.
If you have been following the forum for a while, you know that there are many redundant/repeat topics. Before starting a new thread (discussion), please use the "search" feature at the top of the page. Here's how:
If you find a thread that is about what you want to discuss, go ahead and write in that already existing thread. This will keep the forum better organized and help people find information more quickly.
- Click the "search" bottom at the top of the page
- Select the "advanced search" option
- Type in your keywords
- On the right side, click to search in the Philippine Basketball Forum
- (Under the keyword box, you can select to search the titles or the posts. Titles is probably best. Let's try to keep the titles of threads specific).
It's OK to have disagreeing opinions, but be respectful. If you write a message that just says "Ginebra sucks," it will probably be considered trolling. If you write a well-though opinion about why Ginebra is losing or your historical reasons for not liking them, people will have more respect for you and your opinion, even if they disagree.
Anyhow, welcome to the InterBasket.Net family!! Have fun and enjoy the game!!
Your Moderator Team
INTERBASKET.NET FORUM GUIDELINES
Most people at InterBasket.Net get along fine. This is a big site with very few problems and everyone has freedom of speech here.
If you follow these basic guidelines, you can help keep this site strong.
• Use common courtesy
• Exercise your good judgment
• Debate respectfully
• Translate to English by yourself or with a computer program
• Build a good reputation
• Report offensive behavior using the "report" buttons
• Abuse, stalk, or insult other users (even if they deserve it or started it)
• Spam, flood, or irritate
• Intentionally start arguments or flame wars
• Make off-topic posts
EXTRA NOTES TO REMEMBER
• Avoid discussing issues that are sensitive to other users. Some issues are obviously upsetting, especially issues of nationality. You won’t solve anything by making such discussions.
• The best way to end any argument is to simply write "Whatever " and stop posting in that topic.
• Spamming includes unwanted advertising. It is usually not a good idea to create a new post just to advertise another website. If your first post is a link to an ad for used basketball socks, you’ll probably get banned. (If an outside website is relevant to a discussion, post a link. Feel free to post a link to your personal website or blog in your signature).
• Keep images and signatures at a reasonable size so that the site is easy for everyone to download. 450 pixels by 100 pixels is the largest size for a signature, even if the picture in your signature is linked to another site.
• To avoid flooding (posting too much about the same thing in an inappropriate discussion), create threads for specific topics that you post a lot about. There is no need to interrupt the discussion of “EuroLeague Rumors and Signings” with lots of posts about the scores in the Andorran Division III League. Make a new thread about the Andorran Division III League and get people excited.
• The “UN Forum” at the bottom of the forums homepage is a great place for “off-topic” discussions.
• In the past, a few loud users have had trouble avoiding sensitive issues and insulting other users. When this happens, it is usually because of a sports rivalry that does not need to be dramatized on the internet. Remember: there are probably a few nice Lakers fans somewhere in the world, so don’t call them all “idiots.”
• Please provide reputable links when you can. Links to online newspapers are clearly more reputable than links to a forum that contains wild rumors. If the link is not in English, please provide a translation.
If users decide to damage the quality of InterBasket.Net by insulting, flooding, spamming, or otherwise violating the integrity of InterBasket.Net, moderators usually send several warnings. The moderators here are very patient and a simple reminder to the violating user is usually the end of the issue. However, should a user continue to hurt the discussion at InterBasket.Net, it will result in a series of temporary bans and, if the violations continue, end in a permanent ban.
There have been users in the past who joined InterBasket.Net and immediately started making racist or other prejudicial comments. These cases are always obvious and such users are banned without discussion.
"I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas
Hi guys. Although personal selling of tickets isn't prohibited, there are proper threads to post them (click here). As for the price adjustment, following your common sense is a good idea. Cheers!
"I should have been informed!"
Who said Chris Tiu is a dirty player? There are those fil am guys who are much more rude and very conceited ones in the court. As if they haven't memorize their sweaty ugly face yet. Every time they shoot a ball they always look at the monitor, looking at their face! YUck you fuzzy faced punk. Chris Tiu has lots more breeding than them! I'd just rather play my online game than chatting back to those who ruined the image of my favorite player. If you have nothing nice to say better shut your mouth!
I know Chris personally, he is a very nice educated person who is also very religious but on court don't be deceived by his angelic face he is like Mike Bilbao who's looks hides the fact that they're one tough hombre and is one of the team's enforcers. Chris would not stay idle if one of his team mates gets hurt, he would not hesitate to retaliate but he does it at the proper timing must of the time and makes sure he does not get caught by the Refs. Chris one of the most "magulang" players I've seen, you better watch closely on how he really plays.
Last edited by nardy; 07-28-2011 at 03:32 AM.
LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!