- Bo McCalebb will move to Fenerbahce that is also trying to ink David Andersen, who has offers from Real Madrid too.
Apparently, Siena is very close to put pen on paper with Marcelus Kemp (Besiktas).
- Avellino is about to announce the deal with Montenegrin F Nikola Dragovic (Spartak SP). Had a very promising rookie campaign in 2010-2011 but missed most of the following season due to injuries. If healthy, it could be a nice signing, the guy is young and skilled.
Meanwhile Avellino is considering various names for the PG spot (Jacob Pullen among them) and is in talks with Nigerian PF Ndudi Ebi. If he doesn't sign, they may consider veteran Austrian C Benjamin Ortner (Treviso).
- Biella is close to sign rookie PF Julian Mavunga (Miami Oh).
- Caserta agreed to terms with SG Eric Chatfield (Paris Levallois), top scorer of the French league last season (19.6 ppg, 4.2 apg).
- Reggio Emilia inked experienced USA/Swiss C Greg Brunner (Cantų; 9.3 ppg + 6 rpg). He signed a 1+1 deal.
- Pesaro interested in C Andrea Crosariol (Roma), who's under contract with Roma but will likely leave.
What do you think about Massimo Bulleri going to Scafati? I know he already played for other teams but he will be forever linked to Treviso.
Not particularly stunned, although Bullo would still be a quality option at Serie A level for around 20 minutes per game. But most teams have cut their budget and just couldn't afford to sign him. He will earn more in LegaDue, playing for a team that will likely compete for the promotion.
Originally Posted by Jazz
What you say is right, he will always be remembered by his fans in Treviso, but I expect him to bounce back in Serie A next year at 36 with Scafati.
So Siena comfirmed Marcelus Kemp and are linked with Matt Janning. They are being linked with a lot of Americans, especially those with Lega experience, but could Janning make the step up from Casale?
Dunno. Currently, he's young and a big-time shooter, but I think they see something more in him and expect him to develop into a more complete player. In any case, he won't be overwhelmed by pressure as he will be a role player in the beginning. Before choosing Siena he turned down offers from Italy (Virtus Bologna), Spain (Estudiantes, Murcia) and China (Shanghai).
Originally Posted by Jazz
It seems that Siena is thinking to let Kangur go and Lavrinovic - who said he he would stay only a few weeks ago - may joing his twin brother Darjus in Kaunas.
So, Siena could ink Miroslav Raduljica and/or Ike Diogu.
Other moves :
- Roma signed rookie PG Jordan Taylor (Wisconsin).
- Biella sealed the roster adding rookie PF Julian Mavunga (Miami OH), rookie SG Ramone Moore (Temple) and PF Craig Brackins (Philadelphia 76ers/Maine Red Claws)
- Sassari roster's done with the signing of veteran SF Marvis "Bootsy" Thornton (Siena).
- Brindisi signed PG Scottie Reynolds (Antalya).
- as anticipated in the previous weeks, Avellino added SF/PF Nikola Dragovic (Spartak SP) and PF/C Ndudi Ebi (Cotonou player), who played in Lebanon and China last year. They're now in advanced talks with Mustafa Shakur (Casale) for the PG spot.
- Reggio Emilia signed SG/SF Mladen Jeremic (Hemofarm).
- Cremona signed Croatian C Andrija Stipanovic (Caserta), who will have the staring job.
- Virtus Bologna signed PF Steven Smith (Panathinaikos).
Also, Montegranaro managed to extend the deal with PG Fabio Di Bella, who accepted a much lower salary and veteran Lithuanian PG Tomas Delininkaitis, currently a free agent has been offered to Avellino.
Surprisingly, Siena signed Aleksandar Rasic as their new backup PG and Mario Kasun as their starting C. The roster should be sealed unless they opt to make some changes in the frontcourt (Mancinelli? Diogu?) where Kangur's position is still questionable.
Roma signed young Polish forward Olek Czyz. He's a rookie with NCAA experience, he played for Duke and eventually transferred to Nevada, where he averaged 13.8 ppg and 6.5 rpg last year. They also signed Lorenzo D'Ercole as a backup PG, nice picks for the bench. They're now expected to make a couple more moves, as they still need to sign starting SG and C. The guard may be either Phill Goss (Virtus Bologna also interested in him) or Austin Freeman (who's being pursued also by Pesaro). I'm enjoying their new philosophy, they dramatically cut their finances but they're signing young and talented players which is smart when you're not particularly ambitious.
Caserta signed veteran Lithuanian SF Zygimantas Jonusas (Phoenix Hagen), to a 2-yr deal. He comes off a very good season (14.8 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 55% 2p, 40% 3p, 71% ft). They keep eyeing Marco Mordente to seal the roster.
Brindisi may have lost C Dejan Borovnjak for the season as he just underwent surgery and will have to be sidelined for a long time. He will likely be released and replaced in the next few days.
Avellino officially inked forward Nikola Dragovic and big man Ndudi Ebi. They're still waiting for Coby Karl's decision but meanwhile they're targeting Chris Warren in the same position (backup G/F). Mustafa Shakur should be their starting PG as Jacob Pullen appears to ask for too much money.